Sunday, August 9, 2009

On the Couch? Remove Dog Urine

If you have dog urine on the couch then I feel for you. It is one of the worst places that your dog can urinate and I know from experience. My 2 cocker spaniels always used to urinate on the couch but now they know better because I trained them. So how do you stop your dog from urinating on the couch? Here are some of my top tips.

Reward them - Not for urinating on the couch. You must have an area or litter tray or something where you want them to go. Whenever they go and urinate in that area reward them with something they like, a treat for example. You should beckon them towards the area where they did it right and give them the treat there so they associate good things with that area.

How to clean - If your dog has urinated on the couch the first thing you will want to do is get some paper towels and some washing up gloves because this could get a little messy. Try putting pressure on the paper towels to soak up the whole urine as much as possible. Once they have soaked up as much as they can move onto the next step.

Baking Soda - Get some normal every day baking soda and sprinkle it on the area where the dog urine is still on the couch. A tip here is that you may want to test this on the back of your couch to see if it makes a stain of any kind. That way people will not be able to see it. You want to use more than enough so if in doubt, pour some more out. Now leave it for about 45 minutes.

Hoover - a hand held hoover would be preferable here but a normal one can do fine too. Just hoover up all the baking soda that has took up the urine and its smell. There may still be a smell of dog urine in the air but you can cover that with air freshener and opening the windows.



Autor: Richard Shelmerdine

"I bet you're searching the internet looking for the best methods to handle your dog urinating for free and I totally understand that. I was in your position and all the information seemed too much and information conflicted and it was pretty annoying at the time. Finally I just thought I'd buy something and apply it regularly and it worked way beyond my expectations. Now I have 2 dogs (both Cocker Spaniels) who I would not have recognized just 1 month ago. If you're interested in just getting this problem out of the way as quickly as possible. Click here for On couch remove dog urine


Added: August 10, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: