Monday, August 31, 2009

Why it is Smart to Have Your Own Master House Cleaning List

Cleaning a home is not something that we are all fond of doing but none-the-less it has got to be done. Drawing up a house cleaning list to follow will no doubt help with the tedious chores. There are items on this list that your must not leave off. It would also be wise to keep a running list so you can habitually add and subtract from it as needed.

The first thing you want to include on your list is the order in which you want to clean your house. This means if you think it is faster starting in the bedrooms because they are upstairs, and moving your way down, write out to clean the bedrooms first. So you would have bedrooms, hallways, bathrooms, family room, dining room, kitchen. Or something of the sort. Write it out to whatever is going to be best for you. Generally speaking, cleaning from the top to bottom is the way to do it.

Once you have the order in which the rooms need to be cleaned, your next agenda is what to clean in each room. Again here it is smart to work from top to bottom when cleaning just so the dirt you clean from the walls and ceilings won't fall onto the already clean floor.

Here is the order in which I have always cleaned in my house. First I pick up and throw away all the trash. Next I pick up and put away all the things that are not in their proper places. At the same time I always try to better organize where things should go and get rid of things that I don't or won't use anymore. Have a designated spot to put things that you can give to the Salvation Army or to the needy.

Once I have cleaned the trash and have organized the items that I plan on keeping, then I begin my cleaning. On my house cleaning list I have dusting, cleaning counter tops, upholstery and/or furniture, and finally vacuuming or mopping the hardwood floors.

Each room should have its own list to follow. You should have a master house cleaning list so that you and whomevers turn it is to clean the house can know exactly what they need to do so they don't miss anything. I keep our house cleaning list saved on the computer as well because it is much easier to read than my handwriting and makes it easier to add and subtract chores. This way we can print it up and check off the list each time we go to clean house.



Autor: John Inbody

John Inbody invites you to learn more about what to include on your own House Cleaning List. Visit his website and sign up for his free mini-course to learn 10 secret How to Clean House tips that only the expert cleaners know about.


Added: August 31, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: